TKT Schoolhouse is a small, nonprofit private school which meets 5 days a week. We utilize a microschool model which is often characterized as outsourced homeschooling.
Instructional Approach & Philosophy
- We approach the instruction of each child with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the wisdom and experience from our skilled teachers, and insight from parents.
- We believe that learning happens best when engaging students in all 5 senses, rather than just auditory.
- We desire to provide a learning environment that is safe, cheerful and inviting for all students.
- We value the opportunity to embed practical life skills into our daily learning.
- We believe that the lives of disabled students and typical students are enriched when they are learning together.
For the upcoming 2024-2025 school year, we anticipate being able to serve both typically developing students and students with a variety of disability areas ranging in age from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Applicants will be considered and approved on a case-by-case basis, as determined by the support we are able to provide during our first year of opening.
Our goal as we grow is to be able to serve students of all abilities.
Curriculum will be determined by the needs of each student in partnership with the parents and the teacher.